[mod_python] Odd behaviour with handlers

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Jul 7 06:55:05 EDT 2006

On 07/07/2006, at 8:39 PM, Robert Synnott wrote:

> I've found that if, for the same apache setup, there are two separate
> sites defined with a handler of the same name (but not the SAME
> handler) the server will jump unpredictably between them. So if
> http://example.com/a uses a handler for webapp X, where the handler is
> called mainhandler, and http://example.com/b uses a handler for webapp
> Y, where handler is also called mainhandler, going to
> http://example.com/a may get you either webapp X or Y, seemingly at
> random. Is this expected behaviour? If so, might be worth warning
> about it...

Known issue. Is addressed by new experimental module loading system in
mod_python 3.3. If you are using mod_python.publisher, then an interim
solution exists in mod_python 3.2.8. For further details on a whole
bunch of
module loader problems see:

   http://www.dscpl.com.au/articles/modpython-003.html

One way of solving the problem is to force each application to use a
distinct
interpreter by specifying the PythonInterpreter directive differently.