[mod_python] Unit testing in mod_python

Mike Looijmans nlv11281 at natlab.research.philips.com
Tue Jan 10 04:24:41 EST 2006

I did something like that to emulate a mod_python environment when the
host was actually running CGI. This gave max performance on our main
sites, while the one site running CGI could still use the same scripts.
The extra code/overhead needed to emulate mod_python was much less than
the performance penalty that cgihandler would impose on the scripts.

I'll dig up the code.

Basically, it just created a "request" object like this:

class Request:
	def __init__(self):
	def write(self, data):

I just added extra fields/methods to the Request emulator 'on demand',
by just running the site in CGI and see what fails.

--
Mike Looijmans
Philips Natlab / Topic Automation