[mod_python] streaming zipped data with publisher

Daniel Nogradi nogradi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 15:50:23 EST 2006

Is it possible to "stream" zipped data using the publisher handler?

In my situation I would create the zipped archive upon client input
and want to return the archive immediately. What I have in mind is
creating a zip archive (using the zipfile module perhaps) in memory
and than sending that to the client without actually creating a zip
file on the disk of the server.

In case this would not be possible I could live with creating a
temporary file and returning that to the client, but at the moment the
only way I can do this is through a link (such as <a
href='data.zip'>click here</a>)  but in this case it would be a 2-step
process: (1) user clicks on something which creates the archive and
sends back the link in html (2) user clicks on the link. Is it not
possible to send the zip file immediately after its creation?