[mod_python] xmlrpc over mod_python

Joshua Ginsberg listspam at flowtheory.net
Fri Jan 6 19:15:59 EST 2006

Other options to consider --

SimpleXMLRPCServer can be easily embedded in mod_python... if you just
need a small handful of methods, go this route. It's especially nice for
doing simple wrappers around existing Python library functions.

Zope3 is certainly a more enterprise way to go -- ZODB objects' methods
can be called via XMLRPC.

The scalability of XMLRPC with mod_python will have everything to do
with the XML parser you use and the engineering of your code. It is
unlikely that mod_python would be a bottleneck to effective XMLRPC
serving.

-jag