[mod_python] How can one examine dynamically added handlers?

Joseph Barillari joeb at mit.edu
Thu Jan 5 19:08:36 EST 2006

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 10:56:23PM -0500, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> Joseph Barillari wrote ..
> > I'm a big fan of mod_python -- I've been using it for a few days and
> > it's been great so far.
>
> Yet you seem to be diving straight into a complex area of mod_python
> where few if any people dwell. Ie., most wouldn't use dynamic registration
> of handlers.

I can get the same effect by inserting conditionals into statically
registered handlers, without resorting to dynamic registration. I'd
thought add_handler() would make for a cleaner setup, but it looks
like it would markedly increase the debugging complexity.

Thank you for the detailed explanation of handler registration -- I
hadn't realized that Apache wouldn't call a (statically or
dynamically) registered PythonHandler unless a SetHandler directive
was present.

best,

Joe