[mod_python] Feature Request: Additions to mod_python.util

Sean Jamieson sean at barriescene.com
Wed Jan 4 00:20:11 EST 2006

Hi, I don't know if what I'm about to ask has already been requested, or
if this is the right list, but here I go:

I have been using mod_python for about 3 weeks now, and have come up
with a few things that I'd like to see added into the util module (I'm
assuming this might be the right place for them).

1. a refresh() sibling to the redirect() function; I use the Refresh
header quite often in my applications.

2. html(encode|decode) for translating all defined entity characters;
currently pythons default cgi.escape only translates "&", "<" and ">",
and xml.sax.saxutils.escape is both silly if you're not using sax for
anything else, and not convenient as you have to give it the translation
table. Also a simple method to unescape these is quite useful aswell.

I've thought of other things aswell, but I can't remember what they were
right now :-)

This is a great project, keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Sean