[mod_python] psp include syntax

Emlyn Jones emlynj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 10:10:00 EST 2006

On 2/24/06, Joshua Ginsberg <listspam at flowtheory.net> wrote:
> (whoops -- forgot to CC the list... :-/ )
Me too.

> Howdy Emlyn --
>
> While I'm sure it's a perfectly valid technical term I'm unaware of
> since I don't ever work on Windows systems, could you provide a little
> more insight to us *nix folk what "barfs" means? :-)
>
> -jag

He He, Yes, your right. Sorry.
IIS/ASP complains because and line starting with <%@ has to be the
first line in the script. It's expecting it to be <%@
Language=Python%> (or vbscript or what ever).
Sorry for the colloquial term. "barf" is about as technical as I get
on a Windows system. I just turn it off when it doesn't do what I want
it to and switch back to my Debian box. This time unfortunatly, I
can't. The reason I posted here rather than a Windows/IIS type list is
because I think there is probably more flexibility in mod_python than
there is in IIS/ASP.
Unless there is some kind of magic config setting, I'm thinking I'll
need some kind of pre processing of the script to turn:
<!--#include file ="scriptheader.asp"-->
into:
<%@ include file="scriptheader.asp"%>
Which I currently do offline with a small Python script. It would be
nice to be able to do it "live" though then I can drop the same code
on either server and it will "just work".

Cheers,
Emlyn.