[mod_python] req.user and SSL?

Bud P. Bruegger bud at comune.grosseto.it
Wed Feb 22 06:32:13 EST 2006

Hi Deron,

I just backported your patch to Debian's source package of mod-python,
compiled the package, installed, and IT WORKS !  Thanks again!

Our testing has been minimal so far, but it should see operational use
somethime soon.

cheers
-b

At 11.53 20/02/2006 -0500, Deron Meranda wrote:
>As Graham said the trunk is probably okay.  But if you're just a bit
>more cautious, you can grab a stable release (3.2.7 for instance) and
>just apply the one set of patches in MODPYTHON-94.
>
>If you do that though just one head's up.... the patch attached to the
>issue uses the method name "ssl_var()", whereas it is integrated on
>the trunk (and in future relases) as "ssl_var_lookup()".  There's a
>couple other tiny differences too...so read all the notes to the #94
>issue and decide for yourself whether you go with the whole trunk or
>just this patch.
>
>Also, any feedback (good or bad) is certainly welcome, as this SSL
>functionality gets much narowwer testing than other parts of
>mod_python.
>--
>Deron Meranda

Ing. Bud P. Bruegger, Ph.D.                 +39-0564-488577
(voice),  -21139 (fax)
Servizio Elaborazione Dati                    e-mail:  bud at comune.grosseto.it
Comune di Grosseto                            jabber:  bud at jabber.no
Via Ginori,