[mod_python] mod_python advice needed

marinus van aswegen mvanaswegen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 02:21:16 EST 2006

Hi All

I'm new to mod_python with many years of coding experience in various
languages. I'm building a simple site which will take orders from clients
and pass them on to my database. I need some advice, so please bear with me.
I looked at some of the options out there an mod_python looked like the way
to go for me, I just wish there was more examples. I've been able to do some
basic form posts to a mysql database. I need to do the following, your input
would be appreciated.

1. create a login page (session, cookies, auth) manage the state of the user
(i want to track this in the backend)

2. create a page where users can place orders, I would like to be able to do
a post data without having to redraw the whole page. The example below
allows the user to enter data and submit it, the data entered will be shown
in a table below.

data [              ] [submit]

data entered 1
data entered 2

3. Any suggestions you could make to help me get this off the ground
quickly.

Regards

marinus