[mod_python] callable __auth__

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Tue Feb 21 14:40:43 EST 2006

On 22/02/2006, at 4:02 AM, Robert Thomas Davis wrote:

> Now for the problem...when I have things setup like
> above the browser will popup the expected
> user/password box.  HOWEVER; if I nest the def
> __auth__(req, user, pass): inside of one of the other
> functions I get no prompt for user/password!!
>
> Ideas?

Using __auth__() functions inside of a function is fragile and I would
not recommend using it. Personally I would like to see that feature
removed, with __auth__() functions only being allowed at module
scope or attached to object instances.

For details of problems, see:

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-43

Basically, ensure you have __auth__() functions as very first bit of
code in function.

If that doesn't seem to match, post skeleton of your code showing how
you nested it.