[mod_python] Re: Chunked encoding

Dan Eloff dan.eloff at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 17:14:50 EST 2006

I'm curious about this "chunked encoding" what does that mean? I output all
my pages in my handler as a single string, so I have a sort of interest in
understanding what the write method does. If I'm to take a wild guess at how
the below works, you set the content length so that mod_python realizes when
it recieves your data string that no more is coming and it doesn't need to
copy the string into a buffer, it can just keep a reference to it? And
somehow the act of buffering the data as opposed to writing it immediately
causes mod_python not to emply this "chunked encoding"?

It'd be great if someone explained this to me :)

Thanks,
-Dan