[mod_python] setting apache variables from mod_python

matthew.garman at gmail.com matthew.garman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 13:39:53 EST 2006

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 06:03:29PM -0500, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> I am not sure by what mechanism you may be able to access them
> from PHP, but suggest two options.
>
> 1. Set values in the req.notes table object.
> 2. Set values in req.subprocess_env table object.
>
> The place to do them from in mod_python would be to specifying a
> fixup handler (not a content handler) and do it there. A content
> handler shouldn't be defined as that tends to disable execution of
> PHP stuff. Thus:

Awesome.  I haven't had a chance to investigate this thoroughly, but
following the example you provided (create a fixup handler), using
req.subprocess_env seems to "implicitly" set the variables I need.
I.e., I didn't do *anything* from PHP, and the variables are being
set.

So that looks like it does exactly what I need!

Thank you very much!

Much appreciated,
Matt

--