[mod_python] Problem with PSP and unicode

Gustavo Córdova Avila gustavo.cordova at q-voz.com
Thu Feb 16 08:47:21 EST 2006

Dan Eloff wrote:

> Gustavo
>
> "So, if you can configure your default encoding"
>
> That would be a bad idea. You don't want to force the interpreter to
> use a different encoding, it could cause you all manner of grief with
> code that wasn't written for that, and if it's third party code you
> can't do much about anything that does break.

Hi Dan, thanks for replying.

Do you have any examples of the above?  I haven't had any troubles
whatsoever using a default encoding, even when the script source is
different from the default encoding (I always use the "-*- coding: xxx
-*-" bit at the top of the source file), so while I don't doubt at all
what you're saying, having a practical case where fiddling with the
default encoding breaks things is good.

Good morning, y'all.

-gus