[mod_python] High traffic recommendations

Mike Looijmans nlv11281 at natlab.research.philips.com
Wed Feb 15 10:06:03 EST 2006

> But I'm still being told by Apache that it has reached MaxClients every
> few hours.

Increase MaxClients. This is the "absolute" max number of clients that can be connected
concurrently. You can safely put that into the 1000 range.

> in /etc/apache2/apache.conf I have the following :
> 	KeepAlive Off

Turning it Off will increase the load on your server (more connections, and more "lingering" sockets)

> 	Timeout 10
> 	<IfModule prefork.c>
> 	StartServers         5
> 	MinSpareServers      5
> 	MaxSpareServers     10
> 	MaxClients          80
> 	MaxRequestsPerChild  500

Make that 10000 or so. This low a number is only required if your system is leaking lots of
resources (which mod_python does not do).

> 	</IfModule>
>
> Anyone see anything wrong with what's going on here? It's driving me
> crazy with this crashing, and I can't seem to find a solution.

As usual, no solution, but some tips.

Mike