[mod_python] Open source projects based on mod_python

Daniel J. Popowich dpopowich at comcast.net
Sat Feb 11 11:28:34 EST 2006

Graham Dumpleton writes:

> On 11/02/2006, at 3:35 AM, Ivan Rambius Ivanov wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to master mod_python and after reading its documentation,
> > running the samples from it and lurking in the mod_python mailing list
> > I would like to know some nice open source projects that use
> > mod_python. I am particularly interested in how people deploy their
> > projects to Apache Httpd and how the handlers are used in the real
> > world.
>
> I would suggest you have a look at Vampire and mpservlets to begin
> with. These show different ways of building different URL dispatchers
> on top of basic mod_python handler mechanism.
>
> These aren't end user applications in themselves though. For an
> example of an application which hosts on top of mod_python...

Rambius,

If you're interested in end-results you can check out:

   http://rfs.rockinst.org/

I wrote the server-side application for this site and it is a content
management system written with mpservlets.  It's backed by a
PostgreSQL database.  There's hardly any static content on the site,
even the drop-down menu items are largely filled dynamically.  Of
course, what you can't see is the admin side where content managers
can edit and upload content, which is too bad because even these forms
are generated dynamically by python and driven off the data-dictionary
of the underlying data objects.

Cheers,

Daniel Popowich