[mod_python] Can mod_python help ?

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sat Dec 23 15:56:41 EST 2006

On 23/12/2006, at 11:44 PM, export at hope.cz wrote:

> I need to upload huge files  ( about 100MB) and using HTTP POST
> method does not seem
> very good.A file is uploaded into memory and I can not make any
> progress bar about
> uploading status.
>
> I was thinking about FTP protocol but a users would have to use FTP
> client ( I think)
>
> Can mod_python help somehow to solve any of these :
> 1: uploaded file is not loaded into memory but on hardisk

Which version of mod_python are you using. If you are using 3.2.10 there
is support for hook functions to control how files are dealt with
when uploaded.
See the documentation for details. If you search back through the
mailing
list archive using search box on mod_python web site, you might find
more
examples (not sure).

Note that this will not help you if you are using
mod_python.publisher as you
don't have a means of intercepting form processing when using it.

Another option is to use an input filter to intercept large file
uploads. Do a
search with Google for "mod_python tramline".

> 2. Is there a possibility to make any uploading progress bar ?

No. Search the mail archives for this topic as well, it just isn't
practical.

Sorry for the curt response, Santa is coming and not much time. :-)