[mod_python] installing mod python

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sat Dec 9 01:51:31 EST 2006

On 09/12/2006, at 5:09 AM, Bowles, Karl M wrote:

> I have Python 2.5 installed on my pc and apache tomcat 5.5. I tried
> running the msl script from the apache web site to install the
> mod_python software and no matter what version of the install
> script I try to use it won’t install because python 2.x ( where x
> is always less than 5). Does this mean I have to uninstall Python
> 2.5 and use 2.4? Is there a way to install the mod and still use
> 2.5? For instance, I noticed in the directory trees there were
> files that looked like just the module, not associated with an
> installation script. Could I just download that and tell apache
> about it? I really need this asap for an evaluation I am doing.
The Apache site seems to be done at the moment, so:

   http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/modpython/win/3.2.10/

isn't working, but mod_python installers for Windows can also be
found at:

   http://nicolas.lehuen.com/download/mod_python/

The important thing I want to point out is that there are installers
for different
combinations of Python and Apache. You must use the correct one.

What was the full name of the installer file you used? What is the exact
version of Apache you are using? Did you use the correct installer?

Also, whose installer for Apache and whose installer for Python did
you use?