[mod_python] sharing stuff between multiple apache processes

Julien Cigar jcigar at ulb.ac.be
Tue Aug 8 06:07:25 EDT 2006

Hello list,

I'm using SQLAlchemy with apache/mod_python (prefork) and a custom
mod_python handler. I was looking for a solution to share the SQLAlchemy session
object between the apache processes.

The SQLAlchemy session is almost the same as a session in Hibernate.

At the moment I have a session object per process (which work fine), but
I have to close / reopen the session object for each request which is
not optimal ... and can cause a lot of problems if I forget to close the
session at the end of a request, for example if I modify an object in
the session of a process which is still persistent (cached) in the
session of another process, etc ...

I plan to use either shared memory (no experience with this at the
moment) or memcached which look nice. Do you have any suggestion or
another solution for this ?
Is there something in mod_python to share an object between processes ?

Thanks,
Julien

--
Julien Cigar