[mod_python] Installation Problem

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 14:10:48 EDT 2006

On 8/2/06, beno <zope at 2012.vi> wrote:
> Sorry, --with-apache (static compilation) is not supported at this time!
> ./configure --with-apache=/root/src/apache_1.3.34
>
>  So...what did I do wrong?

mod_python is an Apache module.  In a typical Apache installation
modules are usually shared or loadable object files, separate from
the main apache "httpd" executable file.

I'm taking a guess here, but the error message indicates that your
Apache was compiled statically, which means it is unable to
dynamically load any new modules which were not originally
compiled into your Apache binary.

You will probably will need to re-build your Apache first.
--
Deron Meranda