[mod_python] Authentication and security in general

Joshua Ginsberg listspam at flowtheory.net
Tue Apr 25 15:11:45 EDT 2006

> Surely it can't be all that easy? There must be some tricks for
> securing things that I'm not aware of. Something I'm misunderstanding?

No. No tricks. If you want to make sure things are as secure as they can
be, you always use TLS and you use cookies -- one to identify them in
TLS-secured pages, the other to identify them in non-TLS secured pages.
Those sites that don't use SSL/TLS everywhere don't care about spending
the CPU cycles to have practically impervious security.

-jag