[mod_python] Output Filters Redeaux

Nick nick at dd.revealed.net
Mon Apr 17 17:37:49 EDT 2006

Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> On 18/04/2006, at 4:57 AM, Nick wrote:
>> As an example to follow up on this, in your XSLT parser, you would have:
>>
>>     for streamlet in filter:
>>         filter.req.passes += 1
>>         streambuffer.write(streamlet.replace('\r\n', '\n'))
>>
>>     ("if streamlet is None" is not required at this point)
>
> You still possibly need to know when None was read, as you still need to
> call
> close() on the filter.

The iterator would stop when None was read, so that's implicit.  Again, this
idea assumes a producer/consumer model rather than the repeated calling
model that is supported now.  And that, of course, implies some kind of
thread or fork and communication through a pipe or some other form of IPC,
unless there's some aspect of the apache API that I'm not aware of (which is
highly possible :)

That may be a code path you don't want to take, but I thought I'd throw the
idea out there anyway.  And there may be a way to implement this that isn't
as complex as I think it might be.

Nick