[mod_python] mod_python / memcahced for on-the-fly rendering oflatex in html

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sun Apr 9 20:41:17 EDT 2006

Jay wrote ..

> Hi,
>
> I've spent a lot of time in the past embedding latex into HTML pages.
> All of the solutions I've come across fall short in one way or
> another.
>
> I've spent the last few days knocking together a little mod_python
> app that utilizes memcached to do as-needed rendering of latex
> embedded in HTML.
>
> If anyone is interested, feel free to take a look and send comments.
>
> http://www.meangrape.com/htmlatex

Cute. Nice to see someone actually using output filters for something.

BTW, you say:

  With this setting, htmlatex filters all outgoing html that end in .htmlx.  I'd
  like to have it handle .html files, but right now, it chokes on plain HTML
  without any equations.  More mod_python study is needed.

In what way does it choke on HTML with no LaTeX elements? Is this really
a mod_python issue as your line about more mod_python study being
required seems to suggest?