[mod_python] can't get modperl working

Nicolas Lehuen nicolas at lehuen.com
Tue Apr 4 14:56:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

One of the possible cause of your problem is that Apache does find
mod_python.so but not one of the DLL it relies on. Unfortunately the error
reporting in this case is quite scarce and misguiding.

The candidates missing DLLs are python24.dll and the Microsoft Runtime DLLS
(normally msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll).

Make sure that your Python directory and the runtime DLLs can be found on
your PATH. The runtime DLLs are normaly copied in your Python directory, so
putting the Python directory on your PATH variable should do the trick.

Also, make sure that the user which is running Apache has its PATH variable
properly set. The best way to do this is to define it at the system-wide
level, but logging it under the user and defining the variable at the user
level is also possible.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,
Nicolas