[mod_python] Problems Compiling

Jim Gallacher jg.lists at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 15 22:26:16 EDT 2005

Zach McDanel wrote:
> Sgi IRIX 6.5.28
>
> Python 2.4.1, removed a reference in makefile to libmpc cause it was
> causing problems with mod_python compile and it was not used to resolve
> and symbols
>
> Apache 2.0.54
>
> mod_python 3.1.4
>

> this is the error I'm getting, I tracked down that it occurs in
> dist/Makefile
>
>        ln -s ../lib/python/mod_python
> Insufficient arguments
> Usage: ln [-fis] file1 file2
>        ln [-fis] file1 ... file2 dir
> *** Error code 2 (bu21)
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)

For the ln in linux and FreeBSD, the link name (eg file2) is optional.
 From the man page:
ln [OPTION]... TARGET [LINK_NAME]
If LINK_NAME is omitted, a link with the same basename as  the  TARGET
is created in the current directory.

Perhaps IRIX's ln is different? If this is the case then it's a bug wrt
IRIX. If you can confirm this is the case then I'll fix it in the dev
branch.

Jim