[mod_python] Dupe: Undefined symbol "PyEval_AcquireLock"

Andrew Musselman andrew.musselman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 13:12:03 EDT 2005

Hi List, sorry for the dupe; I tried subscribing with another email account
but wasn't able to confirm. Here is my question again:

I am trying to run mod_python-3.1.4_1 with apache2 on FreeBSD 5.4 STABLE. My
python version is python-2.4.1_1.

Everything is built from ports.

Here is the error I receive when starting apache:
Syntax error on line 281 of /usr/local/etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_python.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_python.so: Undefined symbol
"PyEval_AcquireLock"

Here is line 281 of httpd.conf:
LoadModule python_module libexec/apache2/mod_python.so

Has anyone seen this error before, or does anyone have suggestions on how to
isolate the problem?

Thank you for your time.

Best,
Andrew