[mod_python] Re: error message when mutexes cannot be created

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Mon Oct 24 02:37:03 EDT 2005

Chris Mattmann wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I stumbled upon your posting at:
> http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2004-May/015613.html
> regarding having trouble starting HTTPD with mod python and the mutexs
> issue. You mentioned that you wrote a script that dealt with this. Did
> this issue ever get resolved? I’m experiencing the same trouble now
> myself. Can you help me out?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Hi Chris

Generally it is best to post questions like this to the mailing list, so
I'm cc-ing that.
Here's the section of the script (in the service script, in the stop
section, below the code that actually kills the proecss).
removeipcs=`ipcs -s -c | grep apache | cut -d ' ' -f 1`
numipcs=`echo $removeipcs | wc -w`
if [[ $numipcs != 0 ]]
then
echo
echo -n $"and removing $numipcs ipcs: "
echo $removeipcs | xargs -n 1 ipcrm -s
sleep 1
fi

On Linux 2.4 you need to do "ipcrm sem" instead of "ipcrm -s"

Hope that helps - it may be worthwhile discussing this further on the
list anyway, to work out why this is happening...

Cheers
David