[mod_python] Segfault with Vampire

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Oct 21 18:04:35 EDT 2005

Vampire imports xmlrpclib, so you may be affected by the expat library
version mismatch problem. See:

   http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2005-October/
019348.html

for some details. Use the prev/next links for that mailing list
thread to

Simplest way to check is to put PythonHandler back to "boo" and in
"boo.py" add:

   import xmlrpclib

If it crashes when access, it is the expat problem and nothing to do
with
Vampire itself.

In short, upgrade expat to a newer version, or at least the same version
as embedded in Python. See mailing list discussion for how to find out.

Graham