[mod_python] Serius problem in mod_python-3.2.2b

Nicolas Lehuen nicolas.lehuen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 05:04:35 EDT 2005

No, it's not a bug, it's a feature. In the new publisher, published module
are no longer stored in sys.modules and the __name__ attribute of the module
is based on the filename.

Why is this a problem to you ? Giving the published module a simpler name is
not that complicated, but I need to understand why it's important.
Especially, if it is because you expect to be able to import the module by
name from another module, tell me because things will change in the future
mod_python releases.

Regards,
Nicolas