[mod_python] Session Pickling Error II - 3.2.2b

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Tue Oct 4 02:39:19 EDT 2005

Nicolas Lehuen wrote ..
> OK, I get it. So either we revert back to the sys.modules hell that we had
> in 3.1, or we just say that "pickling functions or classes that are defined
> in published module is not supported".

We have to move away from the sys.modules hell, and I'm a bit suspect on
the idea of pickling functions in sessions anyway. I therefore have no
problems with saying that pickling of function objects in a published
module is not supported. :-)

> This means that our good friend Gator Aide (what a fun pseudo) could solve
> his problem by defining the functions and classes he wants to pickle in a
> separate module, reachable from the Python path, and imported in the
> published module as a default module.

Yep. Using "import" from standard Python module search path would be
only way it could be sanely done.