[mod_python] Vampire/mod_python determining type of argument - GET/POST

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Tue Nov 29 15:08:18 EST 2005

Strictly speaking, GET style form parameters, ie., those provided as
part of the
query string appended to the URL are processed for any type of HTTP
request
method type. A form supplied through the request content is only
possible for
the POST request method type.

For the case of a POST request method type, some parameters could be
part
of request content and others part of the query string appended to
the URL, ie.,
there could be a mix of both. I don't believe one can distinguish
between the
two in this case, except by parsing req.args explictly a second time
using
parse_qsl from the mod_python.util module.

Graham