[mod_python] ImportError: No module named psp

Jeremy Kohansimeh jkohans at gmail.com
Thu May 12 20:54:58 EDT 2005

On 5/12/05, Jim Gallacher <jg.lists at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Jeremy Kohansimeh wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I can't figure out why the psp module isn't found. Anyone run into a
> > similar problem? Here is the error message I recieve. Thanks for any
> > help.
> >
> > Mod_python: 3.1.4
> > Apache: 2.0.54
> > OS: RedHat 9.3
> >
> > Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mod_python.publisher"
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >
> > File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line
> 299, in HandlerDispatch
> >
> > result = object(req)
> >
> > File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mod_python/publisher.py",
> line 98, in handler
> > path=[path])
> >
> > File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line
> 457, in import_module
> >
> > module = imp.load_module(mname, f, p, d)
> >
> > File "/home/jeremyk/public_html/modpy/requestRouter.py", line 3, in ?
> > import segment
> >
> > File "/home/jeremyk/public_html/modpy/segment.py", line 1, in ?
> >
> > import handlers
> >
> > File "/home/jeremyk/public_html/modpy/handlers.py", line 5, in ?
> > import segmenter, fileStorage, statRoutines, plotter, view
> >
> > File "/home/jeremyk/public_html/modpy/view.py", line 5, in ?
> >
> > import psp
> >
> > ImportError: No module named psp
> >

> Try this:
> from mod_python import psp
>
> Regards,
> Jim

This is what I had at first--it did not work either. The message I posted is
an artifact of the games I played to try to get the psp module loaded. I
should have posted the original message, which was emitted because 'from
mod_python import psp' caused a name error, as there does not appear to be a
psp module under mod_python.

Thank you for your help, Jim. Sorry about the confusion, all.

JK