[mod_python] IOError: Write failed, client closed connection.

Huzaifa Tapal huzaifa at hostway.com
Mon May 9 11:52:29 EDT 2005

What is the cause of this error?  I am seeing a bunch of these in my
application logs when the handler is doing a the req.write to write out
the page.

Here is the full traceback:

        File "/home/orderform/www/cgi-bin/slither/Driver.py", line 182,
in process
         self.render( output )
        File "/home/orderform/www/cgi-bin/slither/Driver.py", line 233,
in render
         self.req.write(ss[1])
     IOError: Write failed, client closed connection.

I read in google searches that this usually happens when the user closes
their browser before the request is written out.  That is fine but if I
see so many is there something else that could be going wrong?

Hozi