[mod_python] Using Twisted inside mod_python

jarrod roberson jarrod.roberson at gmail.com
Fri May 6 01:50:43 EDT 2005

> If I understood where things were at, it was hanging somewhere inside
> of call to cac.getCachedResults().

this is correct, specifically in req.write()

Question to the original poster. Have you added sufficient debug into each
> step of the internals of that call so as to know precisely when the code
> seems to block?

that call basically walks a list filters out some items and builds another
list to return
I have done alot of basic debugging and the problem is it just hangs apache
and I have to kill it.
Thus it doesn't print anything out because it doesn't shut down correctly.

Also, does "cac" consist of simple Python data structures without locking,
> or does it contain thread locks in anyway?

no thread locks it just walks a list and compares some fields and for those
that match it creates objects and returns them via a new list

Does it actually call into Twisted
> in some way?

not that I can see

Do you know that a separate thread can't call into Twisted
> unless it uses appropriate mechanisms?

I do now, what I don't know is what "appropriate mechanisms" is specifically

It is going to be really hard for us to say what is wrong unless you can
> narrow it down to exactly where it may be blocking and provide relevant
> code for it.
>
> Graham

any suggestions are appreciated, thanks for reading