[mod_python] Re: Re: Support for Python 2.4 (Edward Diener)

Nicolas Lehuen nicolas.lehuen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:09:31 EST 2005

Hi,

Two questions here :

1) When you run the 3.1.4 installer, at the end of the installation
process, do you get a directory selector dialog asking you where the
Apache installation is ? If not, please check if you have a TCL/TK
environment set (check for the presence of TCL_* variables in your
environment variables). Maybe it's getting in the way.

2) Do you point it to the root of the installation directory, i.e. to
the directory in which you can find the bin, lib, modules and other
directories ? You should not point to the bin or modules directory. If
you did so, mod_python.so must have ended at the wrong place, or the
installer should have displayed an error message.

3) Do you get any error message just after this dialog ?

4) Do you have a file named "mod_python_so.pyd" in your
$PYTHON\Lib\site-packages directory ? If so, the installation has
failed for a reason or another, just copy and rename it to
$APACHE\modules\mod_python.so

Regards,
Nicolas