[mod_python] apache's log and hook api in mod_python?

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Tue Mar 8 20:53:38 EST 2005

Not sure that everything you might want is available or not. Access is
provided to:

  log_error(message[, level])

  An interface to the Apache ap_log_rerror  function. message is a
  string with the error message,  level is one of the following flags constants:

    APLOG_EMERG
    APLOG_ALERT
    APLOG_CRIT
    APLOG_ERR
    APLOG_WARNING
    APLOG_NOTICE
    APLOG_INFO
    APLOG_DEBUG
    APLOG_NOERRNO

  If you need to write to log and do not have a reference to a request object,
  use the apache.log_error function.

This is in the request object and is documented in:

  http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/pyapi-mprequest-meth.html

There also is mod_python.apache.log_error() which does the same thing.

There is something about log levels in the server object.

  http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/pyapi-mpsrv-mem.html

You can also supply a log handler.

  http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/dir-handlers-plh.html

I can't remember any other log related stuff at the moment.

Am not sure what you mean by "In addition, is that possible for us to
create a hook in mod_python so that  other modules can call it?". Can
you elaborate?

Graham

Kevin Wang wrote ..