[mod_python] This is just friggin' weird...

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Jun 24 06:27:40 EDT 2005

On 24/06/2005, at 9:14 AM, Jim Gallacher wrote:
>> Are you accessing the "session" object in the error page?
>> I have no access to mod_python source code right now to check,
>> but vaguely remember that if error page tries to access "session"
>> object it will deadlock. This is part of the reasons for having the
>> PSP object check if req.session exists and use it instead of creating
>> a new one each time, as proposed in one of the JIRA bug reports
>> I have posted. I'll post the JIRA link later.
>
> This is solved with the req.get_session() code that I've checked
> into svn trunk. See http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-59

I can't refer to the JIRA bug report at the moment as JIRA is broken,
but you might want to look at some of my comments if you can find the
bug report related to psp and form objects. It talks about the session
object in there as well and one of the issues I pointed out is whether
when the PSP object doesn't create the session in the first place,
should it assume that it should save the session. With the way you
have made the change, the PSP object will save the session even if
it didn't create it in the first place. Am not sure if this is the
appropriate thing to do or not.