[mod_python] Question about Session security

dharana dharana at dharana.net
Wed Jun 15 19:52:31 EDT 2005

Jim Gallacher wrote:
> Dan Eloff wrote:
>
>> Good point, mod_python is very flexible. I really like that.
>>
>> I have one more question about sessions. Are they saved automatically,
>> or do I have to explicitly call .save()?
>

> You must call save(). I have been thinking about an autosave though.
> Anyone else have any thoughts?

I see no problems with this idea in my use of mp but I believe it shouldn't be
done. I see sessions as file-like objects and as such I think it should be made
explicit that you want to save the changes you make to a session. It seems more
correct to me like it is right now. Maybe I'm wrong.

--
dharana