[mod_python] Re: Sessions and Cheetah

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Jun 3 08:36:28 EDT 2005

On 03/06/2005, at 10:02 PM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 08:44:37AM +1000,
>  Graham Dumpleton <grahamd at dscpl.com.au> wrote
>  a message of 49 lines which said:
>
>> In the mean time, if you want to look at some code for a working
>> example
>> of a session based login, check out:
>>
>>   http://svn.dscpl.com.au/vampire/trunk/examples/session/
>
> There is still something missing from that directory, I believe, for
> the Cheetah users. The above example works locally for me but, if I
> have a handler for Cheetah in ".vampire", it no longer works: I can
> see the index page, I'm never redirected to the login page (and there
> are no error messages).

Are you trying to use your own custom handler for working with Cheetah,
or some version of the example Cheetah handler in Vampire itself?

I know there would be an issue with trying to implement the login page
itself in Cheetah which I don't have a solution for yet. This is because
the whole scheme relies on being able to turn off the login handler for
just the login page and because of how Cheetah works, that isn't that
easy.

Leaving the login page as it is in the example, ie., non Cheetah, I can
quite happily stick Cheetah stuff in the same directory and Cheetah
page access can be protected by login.

Anyway, maybe you can explain a bit better how you have changed things
as not completely sure what you are trying to do. In the meantime I'll
get a full Cheetah example working somehow with the session based login.