[mod_python] mod_python startup error

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Sat Jul 16 07:27:51 EDT 2005

Hi all,

After an upgrade to Mandrake 10.2, mod_python shows the following error:

Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mod_python.publisher"

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 299, in HandlerDispatch
    result = object(req)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/publisher.py", line 98, in handler
    path=[path])

  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 454, in import_module
    f, p, d = imp.find_module(parts[i], path)

ImportError: No module named index

>From my address bar I can see that this is before the very first page
(an html page that redirects to the python based content and thereby
changes the url in the address bar). Any idea what's going wrong here?

The software, from rpm packages:
apache2-2.0.53-9mdk
apache2-mod_python-2.0.53_3.1.4-4mdk
python-base-2.4.1-2mdk