[mod_python] Templating Systems

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Wed Jul 13 11:54:46 EDT 2005

> 1. Python code executed as part of Template with call outs to get data. (eg PSP)
> 2. Psuedo code executed as part of Template will call outs to get data. (eg Cheetah)
> 3. DOM like object manipulated from outside by Python code (eg HTMLTemplate)
> 4. Template execution populates fields in template from prebuilt dictionary.
> 5. Markup is embedded within actual Python code.
>
> What sort of system do you prefer to work with? PHP can be likened to
> 1 and 2.

Well I am used to smarty which as close as I can tell is like number 3.
I was also considering just using XSLT. I have not ever messed with XSLT
but figured it might be a good way to go.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Your PostgreSQL solutions provider, Command Prompt, Inc.
24x7 support - 1.800.492.2240, programming, and consulting