[mod_python] mod_python crashes Apache under Windows XP

Patrick Fitzsimmons patfitz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 03:51:16 EDT 2005

Ok, I have finally gotten some time to do some debugging, and I found
what the problem is (but now how to fix it :-( )

First, the "other.html" reference comes from the Apache conf file,
it's the file Apache is supposed to serve up in case of an internal
server error.  Because I set all .html files to be handled by
mod_python, it was sending it back in as a request.  I looked in the
log files to get what the internal server error was:

[Tue Jul 12 03:33:25 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.6] PythonHandler
dispatch: IOError: Write failed, client closed connection.

What I still don't know is why requests are getting mixed together.
This never happens when I've used PHP, so I'm guessing there is some
bug in the request handler.  If I am clicking fast enough, the same
browser page will display results from 3 or 4 different requests.

I did try upgrading to mod_python 3.2 but I did not notice any change.

I also tried out my application on a Linux machine and have not had
this problem occur.  So hopefully I will still be able to use
mod_python, because I am just using it on Windows for development.

Thanks for your help,
Patrick