[mod_python] global var on 2.7

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Sun Jul 10 09:39:56 EDT 2005

antoine wrote:
> What you are saying if that if I reload my page enought time I should
> start re-using the bigdic object?

No, in your environment (prefork) you can get semipersistent objects by
creating them in modules that your published modules import, thereby
taking advantage of module caching, but they won't be truly global. Your
imported module should initialize the object and handle exceptions if
you anticipate failures (I do this for database handles, which
occassionally disappear).

If you need to use truly global values, you are going to have to look at
pickling, file manipulation, or some kind of database.