[mod_python] Problems with apxs

Rafath doom oculta blashyrkrealm at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 7 05:23:16 EDT 2005

I've installed Apache 2.0.54 following the INSTALL file instructions and the
installation seems correct. I've installed it in /usr/local/apache

Then I've begun to install mod python 3.1.4.  When I execute the command to
detect apxs, it detect the direction with any problem.
However, when I execute the command to detect python library, it shows two
warnings and 1 error related with the apxs searching

The commands that I've written to install Apache are these:
      ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache
      make
      make install
     /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start

    configuration of installation tree and the modules for DSO mechanism
    CC="pgcc" CFLAGS="-O2"
   ./configure --prefix=/sw/pkg/apache      --enable-rewrite=shared
--enable-speling=shared

The command that I've written in mod Python are:
    ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs

  ./configure --with-python=/usr/local/bin/python2.3
  The warnings and the error produced by this command are:

   configure: checking whether apxs is available...
  checking for --with-apxs... no
  checking for apxs in /usr/local/apache/sbin... no
  checking for apxs in your PATH... checking for apxs... no
  configure: WARNING: **** apxs was not found, DSO compilation will not be
available.
  configure: WARNING: **** You can use --with-apxs to specify where your
apxs is.
  configure: error: Neither static nor DSO option available, there is no
point in continuing.

Any reply will be nice

Thanks