[mod_python] psp_site example doesn't work

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sun Jan 23 05:03:49 EST 2005

On 23/01/2005, at 6:28 PM, Zach White wrote:

> I do not see that in the error log. In fact, I don't see anything in
> the
> error log, unless I try going to any of the following combinations:
>
> http://beta.rvmotel.com/index
> http://beta.rvmotel.com/index.py/index
> http://beta.rvmotel.com/index.py/home
>
> And then it's just a file not found error.
>
> In reading through the archives on anything that seemed to relate to my
> problem, I switched from SetHandler to:
>
>     AddHandler python-program .py
>
> And now mod_python seems to be parsing pages, but not really how I'd
> like.
> If I goto index/index, I get a cannot import psp error, but at least
> mod_python works now.

You are using mod_python 2.7.10. PSP is only in mod_python 3.X, thus why
you get a PSP import error. That you are using mod_python 2.7.10 also
explains why:

   SetHandler mod_python

wasn't working for you. Use:

   SetHandler python-program

and make sure you are reading the mod_python 2.7.10 documentation and
not
the newer version.

When you go back to SetHandler, the index function mapping may then
work.

Further, you are using Apache 1.3 and the way it processes requests
against
directories and then maps that to an index file is different to Apache
2.0.
This may or may not be an issue.