[mod_python] mod_python and python 2.4?

Gustavo Córdova Avila gustavo.cordova at q-voz.com
Wed Feb 23 15:19:53 EST 2005

Dan Eloff wrote:

>I tried installing mod_python, and it told me it could not find python
>2.3, so I had to download and install python 2.3. Now I find myself
>missing some of the python 2.4 features. Python 2.4 has been out for
>close to a year now, why is it taking so long to make it compatible?
>Is there anything I could do to help?
>
>-Dan

Checking out Python 2.4 's website:

 > We are pleased to announce the release of *Python 2.4, final*
 > on November 30, 2004. This is a final, stable release, and
 > we can recommend that Python users upgrade to this version.

I think you might be exaggerating... *just* a bit; unless you're talking
about development versions of python 2.4 being out for about a year,
in which case you'd be about right; but I wouldn't expect a mod_python
distribution for a development version of python to be available.

-gca