[mod_python] how do I eliminate the .py extension in url?

Jef Dodson jefdodson at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 15:53:02 EST 2005

I'm having a problem getting mod_python to work with url's that don't include the .py extension.
Here's what I would like to do:  I would like to keep the .py extension on my files, but not
include them in the url.  So, if I have my_script.py in my scripts directory, I would like to be
able to reference that function in the url as /scripts/my_script/my_handler, i.e., no my_script.py
in the url.  Here is the relevant section from my apache config file:

<Directory /var/www/my_site.com/scripts>
    SetHandler mod_python
    PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
    PythonDebug On
</Directory>

Is there something else that I need that I'm missing?  Thanks!