[mod_python] mod_chroot & mod_python problem

Chris Jackson christopher.jackson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 13:46:14 EST 2005

Yes, you're going to have to install Python in the chroot jail.

[mod_python]
./configure --with-apxs=/path/to/chroot/path/to/apache/bin/apxs \
            --with-python=/path/to/chroot/path/to/python/bin/python2.x

Also, once the chroot jail is run, your root directory, '/', starts at
your chroot,
therefore you'd have to change two environmental variables:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib
PYTHONHOME=/python2.x

If you want to test the chrooted python as standalone, then change the above
enviornmental variables to the full pathnames (.e.g /export/hda3...etc)

~= Chris =~