[mod_python] Error using mod_python, Python2.4, and pyexpat

David Geller dg at sponsera.com
Wed Feb 2 10:53:01 EST 2005

Thanks. I finally did get things working yesterday.

A. I am still somewhat baffled on why both python and httpd have their
own private versions of expat - why not rely on a single external
library? This library incompatibility problem could easily be avoided
(at the expense of having the requirement of a proper version of expat
installed).

B. Suggestion: segv's while running python/mod_python can be such a
gnarly issue, especially for the less computer inclined.
Should there be an entry in the mod_python faq regarding specifically
this expat library issue and how to correct?

Regards,
David