[mod_python] Using mod_python for auth only

Josh Hoyt josh at janrain.com
Fri Dec 16 10:38:26 EST 2005

> If you don't want to get Apache's Auth* directives involved,
> you can use the PythonAccessHandler instead.  That request
> phase occurs between the authentication and fixup phases,
> and is called regardless of any require directives.  It's a bit
> cheating, since authentication is not exactly the purpose of
> that phase, but you can still use it as such with some
> restrictions.

That's much more what I was looking for. Although the access phase is
not intended for authentication, the extra directives that I had to
add to trigger the auth phase made the configuration misleading at
best. I had to add AuthType and Require, even though my handler did
not use them. I think this trick is a little bit cleaner.

--
Josh Hoyt