[mod_python] Configuring mod_python via reverse proxy

Roberto Sanchez roberto at familiasanchez.net
Thu Dec 15 22:11:41 EST 2005

Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> So we know exactly where you are coming from, what do you understand
> as being the "problems encountered by using mod_python on a shared
> machine"?

I was under the impression that there was the possibility of
"cross-polution" by having different users' python scripts running under
a single apache instance.

For example, from the Apache security tips:

"Embedded scripting options which run as part of the server itself, such
as mod_php, mod_perl, mod_tcl, and mod_python, run under the identity of
the server itself (see the User directive), and therefore scripts
executed by these engines potentially can access anything the server
user can. Some scripting engines may provide restrictions, but it is
better to be safe and assume not."

> There are indeed some issues, some of which can be partly resolved, but
> would be good to know specifically which ones you are thinking of.
>
> Graham

Basically, I am concerned by what I read in these two threads:

http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2005-February/017297.html
http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2004-February/015059.html

-Roberto

--